The advent of New Space has not only created myriad opportunities for new actors but also resulted in a drastic increase in space traffic and debris in low-Earth orbit (LEO).
SpaceAble is a French company that specializes in Space Situational Awareness (SSA). The objective of our solutions is to ensure the safety of operations and to contribute to the sustainability of satellite operations in LEO.
Our team combines profiles from the space industry and from agile tech companies to develop innovative and state-of-the-art solutions. SpaceAble is the place where you can make a difference and play an integral role in creating a new leader for the next era of the Space Situational Awareness Industry.
We grow fast and provide opportunities for your career to evolve quickly and internationally.
You will be joining the Space Weather (SWE) branch of the R&D in Space Awareness (R&DSA) division of SpaceAble, and your missions will include:
1. Support for the development of SWAFT
• Identify relevant space weather databases in close collaboration with the Data Science branch of the R&DSA division
• Participate in the development of specifications for the features integrated into the SWAFT module (Space Weather Alert & Forecast Tool) of a SaaS
• Collect user needs in close collaboration with the Marketing department
• Propose risk indicators that align with the needs
• Use statistical tools on SWE datasets
2. R&D studies
• Propose R&D subjects in parallel with SWAFT development
• Conduct R&D studies (ionosphere/magnetosphere/heliosphere) to better understand and manage space weather risks
• Propose new SWAFT features inspired by these studies for now/forecasting SWE
• Communicate effectively with the software development team on the development of SWAFT features
• Be able to present our work during scientific communications and/or conferences
4. Scientifique Watch
• Keep up to date with scientific news on space weather
• Be proactive in proposing study topics.
• Ideally post-doc/holder of a doctorate in a discipline related to space weather
• At least 3 years of experience in interpreting Space Weather data
• Good knowledge of the industrial and academic environment
• Proficiency in a programming language (Python, Matlab, etc.)
• Autonomy on certain study topics
• Proficiency in written and spoken English
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to easily handle remote communication tools (Slack, Teams, etc.)
• Ability to effectively communicate with various stakeholders (technical and scientific)
• Motivation to join a start-up structure
• Knowledge of various Machine Learning methods will be appreciated in view of the collaboration with the Data Science team of the R&D SA division
• Knowledge of Gitlab for collaborative development will be appreciated.