As a member of the Space and Astrophysical Data Department, you will contribute to the modelling of the risk of failure of space missions in low Earth orbit. You will first study the existing debris density models and then evaluate the contribution of on-orbit measurements to these models. Finally, you will propose an update of the satellite micro-debris collision risk model.
During your internship, you will work in close collaboration with the SpaceAble engineering department.
This internship may evolve into a CIFRE thesis.
The expected skills are :
- Academic knowledge of celestial mechanics
- Academic knowledge of space systems
- Rigour, organisation, initiative
- Ability to write technical documents
- Professional English, written and oral