The advent of New Space has not only created myriad opportunities for new actors but also resulted in a drastic increase in space traffic and debris in low-Earth orbit (LEO).
SpaceAble is a French company that specializes in Space Situational Awareness (SSA). The objective of our solutions is to ensure the safety of operations and to contribute to the sustainability of satellite operations in LEO.
Our team combines profiles from the space industry and from agile tech companies to develop innovative and state-of-the-art solutions. SpaceAble is the place where you can make a difference and play an integral role in creating a new leader for the next era of the Space Situational Awareness Industry.
We grow fast and provide opportunities for your career to evolve quickly and internationally.
You will join the Data Science (DS) branch of the Space Awareness R&D (R&D SA) pole of SpaceAble and your responsibilities will include:
• Taking the lead on the theme of data collection and structuring and collaborating with the DS team
• Automatically collecting public data on space weather measurements and orbital parameters of satellites and debris
• Migrating to the AZURE cloud and creating a secure and robust infrastructure for storing and accessing structured data
• Creating a datalake-style infrastructure for storing and pre-processing unstructured data such as images
• Maintaining these infrastructures and pre-processing the data in collaboration with the R&D SA pole teams
You have at least 3 years of experience as a Data Engineer in managing structured data, setting up and maintaining SQL databases.
You also have the ability to create and optimize datalakes for unstructured data such as images.
You also have successful experience with cloud migration (ideally AZURE) and knowledge of deployment tools (Terraform) for infrastructure definition. You have good experience with Python and can interact with a team of data analysts and data scientists.
You finally have a high-level vision of the data management problem and are proactive in proposing strategies to optimize the workflow.
• Fluent in English (oral and written)
• Experience with GitLab and CI/CD
• Motivated to join the start-up environment in NewSpace
• Ability to communicate and train colleagues